Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Instaler 3.1

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Heres what it say
The windows installer could not be accessed.
This occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if windows installer it not correctly install.
contact your support personal for assistant.

It was working before and I am not running windows in safe mode also some programs that i uninstall re-appeared after this error and I cannot uninstall other programs.I try to remove windows installer but it says the following app will not work and it display a list of all my programs.So shall I remove windows installer version 3.1 and re-install it form Microsoft site I don't know were but i did saw a windows installer on Microsoft site
Didn't know if it count as OS problem or software soo i post it here!

Also I cannot install or uninstall any programs not a single one that use windows installer other that comes with their own installer is quite possible

Edited by Canorro, 17 January 2008 - 08:07 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315353

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315353

Thx it work perfectly :)
Also old programs re-apeared... dealeated one's went this error apeared but atleast you fix me the other problem of installing-uninstalling app thx :) :)

Edited by Canorro, 18 January 2008 - 11:41 PM.