Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Just Stops working when I visit a particular website

• Please log in to reply

frustrated79

frustrated79

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I have Sony Vaio Laptop running XP professional with IE 7, as well as Firefox. Whenever I visit Realtor.com and click on a house my internet conncection is dropped and will not work again without fully rebooting. The wireless connection signal remains strong, and clicking to "repair" the internet conncection does not change anything. Closing and reloading the browser doesn't work, it ust says page cannot be displayed. Oddly, the same thing happens if I browse the site from Firefox as well. I even tried turning off the wireless connection and using an ethernet cable, same thing happens. I tried replacing my winsock files using "winsockxpfix" utility. I have cleared my index.dat files with privacy guardian. The only site I have found that does this is realtor.com I have no idea what to do next and am really annoyed. Any advice?????

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Are you sure realator.com is working correctly? Can you provide a specific link I can try?