Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 1500 series

• Please log in to reply

dudemanguy

dudemanguy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I'm tryin to help out a friend again and you all know you are the best.
She recently had a tech out to her house in which case afterward she can no longer print from her laptop ( a week ago it was fine... any network changes i should check out). She has drivers installed and good in-house network access, however there are docs set in cue that she doesnt remember (thinks it was the kids) that are stuck in que and wont spit out. Canceled and paused.. no response and did test prints, inks good...I tried sneeker nettin it through USB drive but the laptop runs Vista (GAG) and the home PC runs XP Pro (. Didn't work that way. Even tried e-mailin the doc). This could cost her a career in nursing and I trust her with my life so it's important to AZ. I got it to print from my machine at home (hoz and ver in compatible mode through e-mail).

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Lets try this first.
  • click on the start button
  • open control panel
  • open printers
  • (at the top)select see whats printing
  • select document
  • select cancel
  • restart [b]both[/]the printer and computer
Please let me know if this cleared the problem.
(also please make sure that the HP 1500 is set as the default printer
  • right click on the printer
  • select set as default)
Thank you.

dudemanguy

dudemanguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
It did the trick but it just takes forever to start printing. Guess that's good enough. Thanks for your help!!!