Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

transferagent .exe debugging ?

• Please log in to reply

gtizzle

gtizzle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can anyone help a very stressed noob?

I keep getting messages about transferagent .exe

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled
process id=0x9b8 (2488), Thread id=0xe18 (3608)
Click OK to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application

As well as this message I get similar ones and my computer crashes alot. Also I keep hearing the windows sound for when somthing has gone wrong or a warning has popped up, but there is normally no message when I hear the sound.

Any help would be great, Thankyou.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi gtizzle, welcome.

Sounds to me like you have picked up some malware. Read through this area, see if you can Cleanup Your System. This takes care of the many of the problems without further action by the Malware Gurus on this site.

If this doesn't do it, post a HijackThis log HERE. Make sure you read the You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log article before posting.

Please be patient as the malware removal experts are extremely busy and it can take 1 to 3 days for them to get to you.

gtizzle

gtizzle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Will do, thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.
:) Keep up the good work.