Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Web pages not loading

• Please log in to reply

schreineradam

schreineradam

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I'm not sure if this is a web browser problem or not. Sometimes when I open Firefox and I attempt to open a website it doesn't respond. It doesn't lock up at all, it just acts as if I didn't enter anything. The loading icon goes to the 'loading' animation for a split second and then stops, the page is blank, and the stop button is grayed out as if I hadn't tried to open a web page at all. I know I am connected and I have had this problem both at home and at work, so I don't believe it is my network or router or anything. The weird thing is, if I keep hitting the button to go to the website it will eventually load it, although sometimes not fully. So I end up hitting the 'go' button over and over until I see the loading animation going, then hope it loads all the way. If it doesn't I try it again and then it might load all the way. I'm not sure if this happens with Internet Explorer as well, I will try it next time this happens. Sometimes it happens many times a day and sometimes not at all. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This'll be a problem with the site in question if it happens in two different locations. Nothing you can do.

schreineradam

schreineradam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
It doesn't happen with any particular site though. It will start doing it and then this will happen on every site I attempt to load. I still have not been able to check if it happens in Internet Explorer because it has not happened again yet. What would make Firefox not load sites, then?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Same reasons that stop IE loading them. System issues.
The fact that the same thing happens at work and home would suggest its an Internet issue, not a computer/network issue. You can be pretty sure that the works computers (if they have decent IT technicians) are up to scratch, otherwise you'd never get any work done. :)

Edited by Neil Jones, 19 January 2008 - 03:51 PM.