Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help in 2003 server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

xxxjayxxx

xxxjayxxx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi all..
i am wondering can any one help me with the answers for the following questions.... :)

What is an RFC? Name a few if possible (not necessarily the numbers, just the ideas behind them)
· What is RFC 1918?
· What is CIDR?
· You have the following Network ID: 192.115.103.64/27. What is the IP range for your network?
· You have the following Network ID: 131.112.0.0. You need at least 500 hosts per network. How many networks can you create? What subnet mask will you use?
What is the BOOTP protocol used for, where might you find it in Windows network infrastructure?
What are the benefits and scenarios of using Stub zones?
What is LDP? What is REPLMON? What is ADSIEDIT? What is NETDOM? What is REPADMIN?
What tool would I use to try to grab security related packets from the wire?
· Name some OU design considerations.
· What is tombstone lifetime attribute?
What's the difference between LDIFDE and CSVDE? Usage considerations?

plz help
thanks...

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go.

I have a feeling that you are asking these questions for a business and there are a lot of them. I recommend picking up a good book on Server 2003. My boss runs two two servers on 2003 and he is always using his book for reference. I found this on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...e...4740&sr=8-1.

The book in particular I have not had experience with but one of the authors, Mark Minasi, wrote the first book I read on PC upgrading and maintenance, which I found to be excellent.

Edited by Titan8990, 18 January 2008 - 01:38 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Actually, those look exactly like questions from a course or a take-home test. We don't offer homework help here - you need to do the research yourself. I'm closing this topic - if you feel this was done in error you may PM me or one of the admins.