Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question About Ram

• Please log in to reply

Hexzar

Hexzar

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
First question

Hey, my computer is only 800mhz.

It originally had 128mb ram, i added another 128 so now it's 256mb.

There's another ram slot left. I wanted to ask if i would be overdoing my computer if i added another 128mb ram on it, or if i even added another 256mb ram?

It's an old computer, that's Pentium 3.

Thanks.

------------------------------

Second question

Ok i have a 15gig hardrive. I've split it up a long time ago, so one partition is 13gig and another is 2gig. I want to delete that 2gig partition so i have only one partition and it's 15gig in one.

Any way i can do this from xp? Or do i need an xp disc to do this? And risks?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go.

Question #1:

You can't really add too much RAM. You can add more than you need but the only negative effect is on your wallet. If you are running XP I would grab the other stick. I find that XP needs 512MB to run efficiently.

Question #2:

You will need a program such as Partition Magic. There is definatly a risk involved and it is recommended that back up your system beforehand. Also, many companies such as Compaq but your backups on this 2nd parition and it might not be a good idea to get rid of it in the first place.

Edited by Titan8990, 18 January 2008 - 01:03 PM.

Hexzar

Hexzar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Ok thanks for answering my questions mate :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Always happy to help :).