Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Very Slow Internet

• Please log in to reply

mnotaes

mnotaes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I download alot of music and video, however everything i download maxs out at 32kb/sec. I have cable internet (wired network) going through a microsoft router m500 i think is the model.
This is from dslreports.com:
2005-04-21 05:56:39 EST: 259 / 60
Your download speed : 265264 bps, or 259 kbps.
A 32.3 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 61833 bps, or 60 kbps.

I believe it might have to do with port forwarding, and I kno how to get to the router setting to set up the port forwarding. But im not sure what ports my programs use that i need to forward.
MSN
DC++
Bit Comit
Download Accelerator Plus and
Mozilla Firefox

??? PLLLEeeaase help ???

Edited by mnotaes, 21 April 2005 - 04:13 AM.

Advertisements

mnotaes

mnotaes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks to everyone for their support....i just need to find out how to figure what port my programs use

Salient

Salient

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi mnotaes,

Port explorer has a trial version that should give you what you need ... it is able to do port to process mapping. You can always un-install it after you find what your looking for.
http://www.diamondcs...u/portexplorer/

Or you can try the Free Port Reporter tool from Microsoft ... much tougher to install and use though.
http://support.micro....com/?id=837243