Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Apartment WAN access problem.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

expl0d111111111

expl0d111111111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i've moved into a nearby townhouse next to my college... and have had a lot of problems with the internet (along with the rest of the people who live here as well). There were a lot of complaints about the speed of the internet and it was a result of the complex not having enough bandwidth for all of the residents, they told me that "they didn't expect this many leasers this year" which is complete bs. Anyways me and some neighbors have been calling frequently for the past couple of weeks and today I finally spoke with management and was told that they did increase the bandwidth and added a packeteer to the network. Now the internet isn't so bad when browsing websites but now the problem is with my xbox 360. the NAT settings are 50/50 between strict and moderate. And from reading the NAT informational could cause lag and connectivity problems. I'm still unclear about what a packeteer actually does but I think it decreases someones bandwidth usage if they are using to much?? Anyways im wondering if there is anything I could do to improve my 360's connection (maybe different ports? different ip address? any other settings?) I feel like im screwed! I just had surgery to have my appendix out and all I want to do is sit in front of my TV for a couple of hours and play some video games and all I get out of it now is frustration!

Thanks
Jason

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Sorry, but it isn't our place to help by-pass restrictions placed on the bandwidth by the owners of your complex.

I suggest you talk to them about the problems once more.

Murray