Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did anyone else notice that the new ATI 8.1 drivers has a bug?

• Please log in to reply

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Hello everyone,

Did anyone else notice that with the new ATI 8.1 driver a little white square shows up in the upper left side of the screen? I have Vista 32 bit and a ATI HD 3850 256 and I only see the square on my desktop backround. People on another forum said that it goes away if you close CCC. I haven't tried it yet though......

Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone else noticed this...

Thanks!

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I have heard horror stories about ATI drivers before which is why I have always stayed away.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I have yet to have issues with ATI drivers, but I have heard of bad stories form each company. No matter who you go with, they'll have some ups and downs.
I do not have this white square.
James

SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm glad to know it's not just my eyes playing tricks on me (or something worse like a worm). :) I've included part of a screen shot so people can see what it looks like. Hope they fix this soon.

ATI_Drive_Square.png

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi, so when you roll back to the previous driver it goes away? That's very weird :)

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
nope i havnt noticed it, my crappy ati card broke. im going back to nvidea