Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Flight Simulator X deluxe

• Please log in to reply

justmick

justmick

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,
I had microsoft flight simulator x deluxe installed on my laptop computer which was running fine.I recently bought an external hard drive and decided it would be a good idea to uninstall it from my laptop and put it on the external hard drive. Wish I had never bothered as it all went wrong!
I have abandoned the idea of putting fsx on the ext hard drive, but now that I have decided to reload it onto my laptop I am having a great deal of problems!
After the initial installation wizard runs, instead of getting the option to "install", I am receiving the option to "repair" or "uninstall". Either way, which ever option I choose, I get an error code 1610 and the statement "The configuration data for the product is corrupt" - and to contact support.
Has anyone any ideas how I can overcome all of this so I can get my fsx running again
Kind Regards
Justmick

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you need to install the Microsoft MSI cleanup utility. Once installed, launch and look for flight simulator. Click once on it and then click on remove. at this point you should be able to reinstall the game.

justmick

justmick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanx for that, but I decided to format my hard drive, do a fresh install of windows xp and was able to reload my flight sim. I shall note your answer incase I have any future hassle
Kind Regards
justmick