Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Card

• Please log in to reply

sampsonight

sampsonight

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think what I am looking for is a wireless card but if there are other options please let me know. My school has a strict firewall and I have no idea how to bypass it (feel free to pm me with methods). Anyway, I want to play online games like WoW and Hellgate London (I have a Sager NP9262). What, if any, wireless cards would support online gaming. Also, would any wireless cards be able to be hooked up to a router so other people could use my signal. I really have no idea on the topic so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All wireless cards support online gaming, its just another connection to go online with.

The firewall is a matter for your school, basically they dictate what you can and cannot do with their internet connection and that's the end of it. If they don't want you to game, they don't want you to game. Nobody here will tell you how to circumvent something that's part of the T&Cs for your school's internet access policy.