Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

incoming listen port? (let me rephrase)

• Please log in to reply

sharonrose

sharonrose

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i listed the p2p clients as examples. i cant get a port to open for anything. when i called my isp he tried to ...i think its ping me...he couldnt get to my pc with my ip so he had to have me pull up the prompt and ping(?) him. i tried to get his help (that IS his job) but he said he didnt know why he couldnt get into my pc and that was the end of that.

I really need someones help... here. its not that i haent been on here for hours trying to figure it out. i was up till 3am and got nowhere. anything i have that tries to access this port (several numbers tried) it says my port is closed. i tried to make a new rule in norton basically letting anything through but i cant get any port to open. i have the windows firewall off...norton recomends that. i dont have a router...i dont guess. there is a wire coming from a satellite looking thing on top of my house and it runs into my house and into the back of my pc with what looks like a large phone jack. i have ethernet gigabit something or other. when icalled the isp some tell me i have dsl some call it wireless. i went to some site that tells you how to port forward and i couldnt get anything to work. what in the world do i do now?

Edited by sharonrose, 19 January 2008 - 02:07 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
No support provided for P2P programs such as UTorrent and Azerus as per the T&Cs I'm afraid.