Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OE Program Shuts Down

• Please log in to reply

Liam

Liam

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have a second computer (not networked) that has a problem with the Outlook Express program. For no apparent reason (i.e. I did not install any new programs, fool around with the registry, etc.), whenever we try to create a new e-mail message, the OE program shuts down after displaying the typical message on the monitor screen saying “We regret the inconvenience, but OE has encountered a problem and must shut down”, etc.

The only way we have found to get around this situation is to pick an existing Received message from the Inbox and click reply. Then we delete the body of the message in that email along with the addressee name and subject. This provides us with a clean slate for a new message. We complete the normal process by entering a new email address, subject and message. Click Send and the new message is on its way.

This is very cumbersome and obviously does not solve the underlying problem. Any suggestions? The Operating System is XP professional with SP-2. We use Trend Micro PCillin anti virus program and Webroot SpySweeper.

Relative to the first sentence in the first paragraph above, I just remembered that the 2 computers are linked using a Linksys Router. I don't know if that means they are "technically networked.

Edited by Liam, 18 January 2008 - 05:47 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Please Read this article, try them out and if it still does not work you may have to try a IE repair to fix the problem( at the bottom of the website).

http://www.microsoft...s/oerepair.mspx

This Tutorial is the most complete i have found.

SRX660