Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSP

• Please log in to reply

RivardThrowDown

RivardThrowDown

• Pip
  • 2 posts
***Note if this agasint the rules in anyway please feel free to lock this post.

Hi, I'm kinda of a new guy here. Uhh i have another profile but I forgot the pass ans all that...

I thought this question might be in the apporiate thread but how can you Mod a PSP (I'm all confused with this firmware etc..)

If anyone you guys might will know :)

Edited by RivardThrowDown, 18 January 2008 - 07:50 PM.

Advertisements

Phillios

Phillios

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I'm pretty sure no-one can answer this query because the modding you speak of is actually illegal and as far as I'm aware no-one can condone or endorse that.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Modding in most cases isn't illegal. If it was, then half the gaming community would already be under arrest because changing anything on any game/system is technically a "Modification" like changing your Xbox360 Faceplate or get a PSP sticker skin.

Just remember that if you do firmware flash, you'll lose the original warranty.

For instance, when flashing the firmware on your PSP, there is a high chance of bricking your PSP. Which in simple words:

"...If you screw up, you'll end up with a really nice and shiny paper weight..."

and Sony isn't going to replace/fix your psp.