Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a new Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

tatakau

tatakau

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Pretty sure my motherboard is broken, and I need a replacement. They don't make 939 socket motherboards anymore though... are there any new socket types that will take a socket 939 processor?

Current Motherboard (broken): MSI RD480 Neo2-FI 939 ATI Radeon Xpress 200 CrossFire ATX AMD

New Motherboard Requirements:
* Fits a Socket 939 processor. (AMD 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2.2 GHz Socket 939 Dual-Core Processor)
* One PCI Express x16 slot for video card. (ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512 MB PCI Express x16)
* Four DIMM slots for RAM. (Corsair XMS 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200))

Not requirements, but would be nice:
* NO CROSSFIRE (I don't have 2 video cards, so why bother?)

... that's about it.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
You can still get socket 939 boards
939 I wouldn't recommend them brands though, look around for asus,abit,msi you should still find some it not ebay has them.

In answer to your question if you have a 939 pin cpu the you have to have a 939 socket motherboard no others will work

Edited by Doby, 18 January 2008 - 09:53 PM.

tatakau

tatakau

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Crappy....

The 939 socket type lasted what - 2 years at best? Probably 1.5. Seriously, what a load of crap. ><

Thanks, btw, for answering my tough questions. :-D

~ Nick

tatakau

tatakau

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ewwwww... newegg's and tiger's selection seriously sucks. time to hit up ebay, find some old used mobos for cheap. ><

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Also try directron.com and zipzoomfly.com