Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

About microsoft mvp

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Soo how do you become a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional?
(yes i know im only 17 yrs old)

Edited by Canorro, 18 January 2008 - 11:45 PM.

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
this is pretty informative

http://mvp.support.m....com/gp/mvpfaqs

:)

Excal

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
It takes a lot of years worth of hard work and selfless volunteering on sites like this (and others) in order to receive an MVP award. It's something that all of us are very proud of, and don't take for granted. It's not a prize to be won. You cannot nominate yourself. You are nominated by current MVPs, and your contributions over the preceding year are measured against current MVPs by the Microsoft staff.

If you're interested in attaining something like this one day, why not consider joining GeekU.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

It takes a lot of years worth of hard work and selfless volunteering on sites like this (and others) in order to receive an MVP award. It's something that all of us are very proud of, and don't take for granted. It's not a prize to be won. You cannot nominate yourself. You are nominated by current MVPs, and your contributions over the preceding year are measured against current MVPs by the Microsoft staff.

If you're interested in attaining something like this one day, why not consider joining GeekU.

this is pretty informative

http://mvp.support.m....com/gp/mvpfaqs

:)

Excal

Thx for the info :) both of you
Soo kat how many years it took you to get mvp???
Also Kat can i try to join GeekU at 17 years old??

Edited by Canorro, 19 January 2008 - 02:03 PM.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
There are only about 3,500 MVPs worldwide :) sounds imposible....=BSOD!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I was active in these types of forums for over three years before I became an MVP.

Yes, you can join GeekU at 17. We've had Experts in the past who were even younger than you. Age has nothing to do with your ability to work on Malware. :)

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

I was active in these types of forums for over three years before I became an MVP.

Yes, you can join GeekU at 17. We've had Experts in the past who were even younger than you. Age has nothing to do with your ability to work on Malware. :)

thx again :)
I try joining GU later

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You're quite welcome. Enjoy your time here. If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It's only for a year that you have the award, then you have to stop presenting yourself as a MVP according to Micro$oft's policy:

Q7: How long does the Microsoft MVP Award last?

A7: The MVP Award lasts for the duration of one year. During this time, MVP Award recipients are free to refer to themselves as Microsoft MVPs and to enjoy all of the privileges that are included with the award.

Ron

Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Wow... And I thought it was hard work getting into Geek U :)

Advertisements

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Tecknically your saying its harder to get to MVP thx for helping me think i was gonna get there some day
just kidding :) (It wasnt me i promise :) )

Edited by Canorro, 20 January 2008 - 02:05 AM.

Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Tecknically your saying its harder to get to MVP thx for helping me think i was gonna get there some day
just kidding :) (It wasnt me i promise :) )

:) No! Im not sating that :) Im just saying and I thought it was hard to get into Geek U.. When thats nothing compared to what I'd have to do to be an MVP :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

It's only for a year that you have the award, then you have to stop presenting yourself as a MVP according to Micro$oft's policy:

A7: The MVP Award lasts for the duration of one year. During this time, MVP Award recipients are free to refer to themselves as Microsoft MVPs and to enjoy all of the privileges that are included with the award.

Ron

You are correct that the award is for one year at a time. However, many people are re-awarded every year on their award date. The award dates are Jan 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct 1. :)

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Ron

You are correct that the award is for one year at a time. However, many people are re-awarded every year on their award date. The award dates are Jan 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct 1. :)

Soo thats why there only 3500 worldwide still It sounds like a very small number

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Very small indeed, about 5/100000ths of 1% or .00005% of the world pop.
They are an elite group of people and we are lucky to have so many of them here willing to teach us.