Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing NTLDR

• Please log in to reply

GypsyJana

GypsyJana

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have a Dell Deminsion 3000, and whenever I try to re-install Windows XP after using manufacturers drive cleaner CD (Lifeguard I believe). The beginning of the installation seems like it is going to work just fine, then the screen starts flickering and the screen just gets all crazy, then the installation basically stops. Then when I restart I get a message on the blue board stating that NTLDR cannot be found. I am sure you realize that I am unable to do anything at all to that thing since I can't get any further than the bad setup and the error message. I checked my XP Pro cd and it is fine, it is a full new installation of Win XP pro, I have serial number for it and all. I just hate to see it sit there and rot. I am on sons emachine now, so I do have ability to burn a cd or download any files from this pc. PLease any help is greatly appreciated. Peace and Love, JANA

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
I am somewhat confused on what you are trying to do.
Please clarify?

The XP pro CD you have, is that for the computer that you are trying to clean?
Is the "cleaner" you are using, the manufacturers recovery?

If the XP cd and key belong to the Dell 3000, then all you need to do is boot from the CD.