Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Problems

• Please log in to reply

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Should be posted here - it's about my Sony Vaio.

Anyway, I got hit by TrojanDropper.Agent just a few minutes - 1 hour ago, and I cleaned it 99%... but there's a problem now. It messed up some of my files - including the SPMGR.exe, ISBMgr.exe, and others. The question is - how can I get these files back? I need them - I can't use a laptop without a battery monitor and my touchpad thingy??? Please, if you can help me find a file for that - that'd be greatly appreciated.

~Kelvin

Advertisements

Mephitus

Mephitus

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
the trackpad drivers can most likely be reinstalled from sonys support site... as for the battery monitor.... well... search for the files on an uninfected working machine (might have to be a laptop might not)

Kelvin

Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
I have searched the Vaio support and download site to no avail. Also, this is a personal computer. Not a workstation one or anything like that. I just have one laptop. Quite enough for a kid :)

~Kelvin

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Not sure what your Vaio model is:

Check these sites:

Sony Support

Sony Utility Package
Applicable Models for the Utility Package

Kelvin

Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Oh. Sorry for not elaborating on this matter.

I'm using a Sony Vaio VGN-FJ57GP, bought it 2 years ago, added 2GB RAM, mods, blah blah, etc, into it. It runs perfectly, till yesterday I was testing some software when I got hit - suddenly NOD32 spammed file changes of all the running processes, and all got quarantined because the code could not be cleaned. Spybot S&D prevented the BHO and registry deleting/adding startup keys, and well.. everything was in place. I ran ComboFix and the matter was solved.

After that only I noticed the original files that were running at that time, were ALL gone, except the ones protected by Windows. In the end, I found the recovery utility for my Vaio, but it'll reset my WHOLE computer to factory default... which I don't want.

Now, I've found the repair for my SPMgr (Sony Power Manager), but I still haven't found the ISBMgr (not sure on what this is for), and several files in the C:\WINDOWS\IME\ folder.

~Kelvin

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I think I see why it is so difficult to find anything for your model on the Sony USA site...

I did find a referance to it:

Based on your entry it appears that you have the VGNFJ57GP model. Please note this for future reference.

Model: VGNFJ57GP - This model can be found on the Sony Japan Support website

I can't read Japanese :)

Kelvin

Kelvin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
If you use the Google Toolbar, you can translate it. :)

Anyway, thanks for the link. Will look into it.

EDIT: This link is about support (hardware).. didn't really work.

Ah, who cares - it's just ISBMgr.exe. Anyway, searched about it - it's a battery thing. If you put in a pirated battery, it won't boot for you or something like that. Thanks though.

~Kelvin

Edited by Kelvin, 20 January 2008 - 12:13 AM.