Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

680i Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

georgewashington16

georgewashington16

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I recently built a new computer with all new and compatible components for what I was using. I flipped the power switch on the back of the psu and all I hear was kind of like a quiet constant buzzing sound. Then I hit the power button and all the fans(case fans, motherboard fans, cpu fans, and video card fans) started running. The problem however was that my monitor did not get any signal and neither did my mouse or keyboard. Does anyone know what I should do?Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Buzzing noise is not good. There should be no constant buzzing noise whatsoever. You may hear a "click" or something when you plug the power lead in if its an active supply as the link is made but apart from that the only noise a power supply should be making is the sound of airflow and a fan.

georgewashington16

georgewashington16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
My motherboard apparently is supposed to have 3 lights on when I turn it on a blue one, a green one and an amber colored one. I can only see the blue one and the green one when I turn on the power supply. I tried determining what these lights meant and I did some research and I recieved a link for the manual of the motherboard. The different lights are explained on Page 112 but when I try to go to the link below it doesn't load the manual(I am using firefox and a blankpage just shows. Here is the link, do you think you could go there and tell me what the different lights mean? Thanks.

http://www.evga.com/...680i manual.pdf

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Just-right click on the link and choose "Save Target As" then open it as normal from the desktop or wherever.
The page of codes fills up six pages and I'm not copying & pasting all that.