Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pen Drive not being detected properly

• Please log in to reply

Thizzia

Thizzia

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Please bear my english :), I'll try to explain what happens the best way I can :)

I bought a 1gb Kingston Pen Drive three days ago and plugged it to my pc. Everything went fine, installed correctly and I could copy some files in my Pen drive, so I could move them to my other Pc.

I then plugged it to my brother's pc, and was able to exrtract those files succesfully.

Today, I plug my pen drive to my pc and suddenly the little arrowy icon ("remove hardware safely" not sure about translation) keeps popping and dissapearing. So does the pen drive unit in My Pc - it appears as "unit" H, then "kingston" H, and then nothing. I can't use it - I am able to see the files inside but no more than 30 seconds or so.

This will keep happening until I unplug the pen drive.

Then I went to my brother's pc again, plugged it, and it works fine there. The problem is in MY pc.

Why is that? what's wrong?
My pc is newly formatted 5 days ago, my USB boards work fine with everything else.
I have Windows Xp Pro.

Any help? :)

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisements