Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with SpyGuardPro removal?

• Please log in to reply

capn

capn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Helpful Individuals,

Recently, my wife was websurfing and she accidentally went to a site (for Myspace skins; I didn't get the address) and all of a sudden we had a program window popping up saying something about SpyGuardPro. The computer then began acting all weird (such as a light blue background that permeated our desktop picture where our desktop shortcut's text was). It was then that my wife told me that the Antivirus she had been using recently expired. Sigh...

Anyway, having had some computer problems before and been counseled by a computer-wise friend, I deleted all of her prior Antivirus software and downloaded AVG Antivirus, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Ad-Aware 2007. I ran each program multiple times in and out of Safe Mode. Finally, as of today it seems like most of the malware was gone.

The only thing that still seems to be occuring is that Internet Explorer randomly pops up with the address "res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm" about every 2 minutes and the computer itself is still running pretty slow. I run AVG and Spybot every startup and they always get at least one or two files in the test (mainly in AVG it's something titled "hosts" , it's labeled "change" under Result/Infection, and the path is Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/host).

Obviously, I'm looking to cleanse the machine. Any wisdom as to how?

Thank you a billion.

~Capn

Advertisements