Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MyComputer (not responding)

• Please log in to reply

galec

galec

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
For the past fews wks or so, MyComputer is very slow to open, the menu bar will display (not responding). I leave it alone and it finally opens. When you click on the drive that is very slow to open; sometimes won't open at all. I run spware and antivirus weekly. I just did a cleanup also. Other programs are slow to open, respond to clicks but not as bad as MyComputer.

Another issue, my system keeping disconnecting/reconnecting from the wireless network (this is a desktop pc). What a pain when on the net!! Its a new router and I did a reset. In the event log on the warnings it reads: "Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001217D1F794. The following error occurred: The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server." I have the current driver and firmware.

Thanks guys/ladies

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Sounds suspiciously like malware to me. Read through this area:

Cleanup Your System.

This takes care of the many of the problems without further action by the Malware Gurus on this site.

If this doesn't do it, post a HijackThis log here:

Malware Removal Forum.

Make sure you read the You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log article before posting.

Please be patient as the malware removal experts are extremely busy and it can take 1 to 3 days for them to get to you.

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
thanks gramps!! :) i am following the instructions, which i have seen several times as a solution. I didn't think it could be malware since i run 2 spyware and 2 antivirus. right now AVG anti spyware has been running for 3 hours and only 1/3 done and had found tracking cookies which i thot my programs took care of, guess not!! Sooo, i will get back again as soon as I finish all the tests.

does malware effect the wireless connection issue or is that another problem? sometimes the off/on does not show in the event viewer (i checked right when it happened) so i don't know how often it happens.