Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program won't extract file

• Please log in to reply

UnitOP4

UnitOP4

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a problem with my extraction programs, the backstory is that i've created a archive file before i reformatted my computer which consisted of all my personal file,settings, programs etc. and i even checked to see if it worked and then inserted it into a usb drive . Well it turned out that after i reformatted, i downloaded the same program called 7zip that created the archive and it couldn't extract it and said that it couldn't open it as a archive, i've checked with my other extraction programs i just downloaded and it won't even budge, so is there a way i can fix this????

Edited by UnitOP4, 19 January 2008 - 08:38 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
A long shot, but try copying the 7z archive to your hard drive first, then see if it will unzip.

UnitOP4

UnitOP4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Nah i've tried that already, but i've been messing around and it seems that somehow the usb drive actually corrupted my archive files.