Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tv-out

• Please log in to reply

WhoCares2021

WhoCares2021

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi, I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 with a tv out port. My tv has an svideo port, but it is 4 pins, whereas my card has 7. I have a cable with 4 pins on each end. My question is, how can I get the two to connect? I assume I have to buy some sort of adaptor, but I haven't been very lucky so far. Also, do I have to use the tv out port to connect? If I found a cable with DVI on one end and component video on the other would that work? Thanks.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Reading this should help on connecting s-video 7-pin to your TV.

You won't be able to use the DVI output to connect to a tube-type CRT TV because DVI is digital, and the input to a CRT TV must be analog, unless you buy a digital-to-analog converter box which is extra expense. If, however, the TV is an LCD type with a DVI input, then you could simply connect it to the card with a DVI cable, no converter needed.

Edited by pip22, 21 January 2008 - 03:16 AM.