Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running IE 7 and Mozilla Firefox at the same time

• Please log in to reply

FPS Steve

FPS Steve

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Okay, I primarily run Firefox, but my father is having trouble using firefox while banking, and everytime I install IE 7 and then run it, it prompts me to set it to the default browser, and the same with firefox. I was just wondering if i could run both of them without getting this annoying prompt, now normally it wouldn't be such a big deal, but my dad isn't very computer savvy, so he hates it when the computer doesn't do something straight away, he likes things simple.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Go to the Options settings in both browsers and uncheck the boxes that ask to check whether browser is default browser at startup.

Ron

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Contrary to what Microsoft would have you believe, you can run as many web browsers as you like without any complications. You just can't have both of them being the default browser at the same time.

FPS Steve

FPS Steve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Oh really? That simple? I feel like such a newb! Thanks for that, I Appreciate the help.