Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop and internet image quality problem on Vista

• Please log in to reply

ustion

ustion

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I am having problems with image quality when I put an image as my desktop wallpaper and uploading on the internet. When I view the images in 'windows photo gallery' and 'photoshop' the images look as they are supposed to look, but when I do put the images in the desktop or internet the colours and everything are quite off.
I have put them on other peoples computer and they look the same both on their 'photo gallery' and on the desktop/or internet..

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Vista Ultimate or something els...

Thanks..

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Could you please give some more information about your computer?
This may be a simple problem like your screen resolution not being set high enough
  • click a free space on the desktop
  • select personalize
  • select display settings
  • if the resolution is set low, move the slide to set the resolution to a higher level
Or it could even be an issue with your graphics adapter driver
  • click on the start button
  • select control panel
  • open device manager
  • select display adapters
  • right click the graphic adapter
  • select properties
  • select update drivers
please tell me the make and model of your computer. Is it a laptop, or desktop? Do you use an on board video card, or do you have a separate video card?
Thank you.

ustion

ustion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thanks for the response. I tried both of those solutions, but still the same problem.

My computer is a Desktop, with a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, 19" Philips 190CW LCD monitor.. Vista Ultimate, intel core 2 duo..

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
I am now wondering if this could be an issue of your video card being too high end for your machine,
But first let us try this.
  • right click an open space on your desktop.
  • select personalize
  • select windows color and appearance
  • remove the check mark from enable transparency
Give this a try please.
Thank you.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Any time I've run into this kind of problem it has been either the video card itself or the driver for the video card.

Have you installed the latest driver from the Nvidia web site?

Looks like this is the latest: ForceWare Release 169

Question: Did you upgrade to Vista from XP or did the computer come with Vista installed? Has it always been this way or did it work correctly at one time?