Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP PLZZZZ New Toshiba Sat keeps stalliing, programs keep crashing

• Please log in to reply

E-Knight

E-Knight

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, thanks in advance 4 your help.

I just bought a new Toshiba Satellite A215 with AMD 64x2. Installed an extra 2 GB RAM for total of 3, figuring it would present smooth operation in multi-tasking. I have a tendency to open 2-3 browsers with multiple tabs open @ same time. What is puzzling to me, is that I bought a different A215, but had to trade it for this one, because the keyboard was warped. I used that for about a week or so, and I had no such problems with that one after I added the 2 GB DIMM. SO, I wonder if I got a lemon, and need to exchange this one. Normally, I would think it is a software problem, except for the fact that I had no such problems with the first A215, as I said, after I put in the 2GB DIMM. But I digress... I run on Vista Hm Prem - Firefox 2, Netscape 9, and maybe WinWord and/or a DVD Player, or WinTV, or Windows Media Ctr, and/or DVD Shrink, Freecell, or something else. But, even if I have just Firefox and Netscape and maybe the Windows Explorer, not Win IE, open, after awhile, I have the same problem. It acts like the system's resources are being used up, even though the monitors say I am using maybe 65-70% of the CPU, and am only using half the memory available. Firefox or something else will stall out and hang for a long time, or will flat out crash. WinTV will crash, if that's open, and so will Windows Explorer, but Netscape will keep operating, though sluggishly. Can anyone help me?

Edited by E-Knight, 20 January 2008 - 05:30 AM.

Advertisements