Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering the lost sheet

• Please log in to reply

special-one

special-one

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Dear all experts,

I have a question related to microsoft excel.

Suppose i am working on various sheets of MS Excel, i wanted to change the tab colour of sheet but mistakenly i deleted that sheet. Now that my sheet is gone, i cant even undo it, because undo doesnt works here. If i save that .. the sheet will be gone ... and if i dont save that .. my work which i have updated after the last save will be gone ... is there anyway i can undo my mistake ? i mean recover my lost sheet ?

I will be very glad if anyone help me in that

regards

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
How about File > Save As

Name the current workbook as a different name - you should then be able to load the original workbook with the 'lost' worksheet.

special-one

special-one

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
thanks, i know that .. but is there any option in excel for .. undoing that ?

by clicking the delete ... excel doesn't even warn that it will delete the sheet .. it just deletes the sheet immediately

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Well, if you've saved the workbook since deleting the sheet... you've lost it!

special-one

special-one

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
thanks .. if anyone have any other suggestion or idea or thought .. please let me know