Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adding Music to PS3

• Please log in to reply

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
I know that it is possible to add music to the hard drive on the PS3 by using the internet function, which isn't an option for me, or by ripping the CD to the hard drive. I have heard that you can add music to the PS3 by putting it on a memory stick or USB flash drive. Is that true? And if so, what format does the music need to be in? Does it need to be in a subfolder or anything or just the root directory?

Advertisements

Malikorx

Malikorx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Nevermind, I found the solution. To add music to a PS3 using a USB drive, simply create a folder in the root directory of the USB drive and name it "MUSIC"

Put the music you want inside of that folder. The music must be WAV, WMA, AAC or MP3 format. If it is in the WMA format, make sure that "Enable WMA Playback" is enabled on the PS3.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
For future reference, we have a Games forum. That might be a better choice for a question like this, which was anything but random.

Malikorx

Malikorx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Sorry, my fault for not looking for the appropriate section. Won't happen again.