Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook express problem

• Please log in to reply

allong

allong

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I've been using Outlook express for years with no problems but have finally hit one.
I can't send pics or forward attchments. The person I'm sending it to, recieves the attchmt in sometimes 50 segments so can't open it. When I send them, I see my outlook ex. splitting it up.
Could anyone help this un-computerized olguy?
Thanks in advance
A

Edited by allong, 20 January 2008 - 11:39 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
See if the box is checked and size too small if it is:

To send large messages

Many e-mail and news servers limit the size of the messages you can receive and send. Usually this limit is one megabyte (1 MB) per message, including all attached files.

With Outlook Express, you can send large messages or files to e-mail and news servers that have size limits, by breaking the messages into smaller ones. When the group of messages is received, the e-mail program combines them into one message.

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
On either the Mail or News tab, click Properties.
On the Advanced tab, select the Break apart messages larger than x KB check box and then enter the maximum file size the server will allow.

This may also be related to your problem:

To combine multipart messages

Sometimes, when a large message (one that contains pictures, audio files, or other large objects) is sent in e-mail or posted to a newsgroup, it is broken into smaller files and displayed as several messages. You can combine the messages to recreate the original message and display it in Outlook Express.

Select all of the messages that are part of the original message (each part will usually have a number).
On the Message menu, click Combine and Decode.
If needed, reorder the parts in the correct sequence.
Note

After you combine and decode the message, it is displayed in a separate window. The message will continue to be displayed in the message list as several smaller messages. To save the recreated message, on the File menu, click Save As.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 21 January 2008 - 10:25 AM.

allong

allong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
MajorPayne. Thanks alot. Now why would a dummy not think of asking for help months ago when this problem started? It was like a lightbulb went off. Look for a place to ask for help. And.. help came overnight. much appreciated!! Al

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I take then your problem is solved? Thank you for using GTG. Hope you don't have to come back. :)

Ron