Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overloaded band?

• Please log in to reply

tutana

tutana

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I got hooked up to ADSL on a newer computer with XP a couple of weeks ago and it hasn't run smoothly yet. It connects when I first turn on the computer but slows down after 10 to 20 minutes to the point that I can no longer get through to any sites ( cannot find server) I have run Freedom Security(no viruses) and Ad Aware(deleted 18 'low risk' data miners) The computer ran better briefly after deleting the cookies but only briefly. I've talked to my ISP and things look fine that end. When I go to network connections and check the activity there are about 10 to 100 times as many packets going out as coming in. I have unplugged my modem(again) and await some solution while communicating through my old dial up computer.
Thanks in advance...

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi tutana, welcome to Geeks to Go! <_<

Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

tutana

tutana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 8:55:43 AM, on 10/06/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\windoc.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Creative Diagnostics 2.0\DIAGENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\scvhost.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\Freedom\Freedom.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuamgrd.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\hannahsusie\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G36XM3SP\HijackThis[1].exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Freedom Popup Killer - {3C060EA2-E6A9-4E49-A530-D4657B8C449A} - C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\Freedom\pkR.dll
O2 - BHO: Freedom BHO - {56071E0D-C61B-11D3-B41C-00E02927A304} - C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\Freedom\FreeBHOR.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Update] wuamgrd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DIAGENT] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Creative Diagnostics 2.0\DIAGENT.EXE startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AHQInit] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program\AHQInit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MoneyStartUp10.0] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Activation.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-StopW] C:\Program Files\FSI\F-Prot\F-StopW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DDF1E4F7] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ojujgj.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [scvhost] scvhost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update] wuamgrd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [00F7AB56] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ojujgj.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [scvhost] scvhost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Update] windoc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Freedom] C:\Program Files\Zero Knowledge\Freedom\Freedom.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupd...8118.7869444444

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It appears you have at least one virus, possibly more. I also don't see that you have an antivirus prorgram installed. We recommend the free version of AVG. You can download it here: http://www.grisoft.c...s_dwnl_free.php

Download, install, and update with the latest definitions. Run a full system scan. This will remove any viruses detected, and protect your system in the future.

When finished, reboot your computer and post a fresh Hijack This log. <_<

tutana

tutana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
so.. after a windows update in the morning my computer worked fine for a day and as I could use the interent I tried to download the AVG program but was unable to open it with anything I have on my comuter. I ran out of day trying to figure it out but the next day I was again unable to get through to the internet because of too much information going out (packets?) Today it is the same story. Freedom Security with anti-virus protection is supposedly installed on my computer, provided by my ISP. I had to reinstall it once already as the anti-virus wasn't working and it said it wasn't working yesterday again. What other options do I have for getting an antivirus program working on my computer? And if I did happen to get through to the AVG site what do I need to open a PF file?
Thanks for your help
T.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please run a free online virus scan here:
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

And a free trojan scan here:
http://www.moosoft.com/