Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What is the Best Way To Learn Speed Typing ?

• Please log in to reply

georgetok

georgetok

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi All,

This is embarrassing but I must face the facts.

I have been using a computer for over 10 years but never learnt to speed type.

I feel so stupid in front of a kid when typing, trying to find every key, even though I am really good when it comes to doing thing in my own profession on a computer

I must learn to speed type & learn fast because I am not so young.
Can you guys help me ?

What is the best way to learn touch typing ?

What software or something else will help me to learn touch typing ( Speed Typing ) fast ?

Money is not a problem but time is ! I am not young but young at heart & want to learn before my young heart slooow......s down.

I will be very grateful for any & all help.

Thank you all & I am grateful to all on this forum. You guys are genius.

Kind Regards.
George

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Seems to be a few "fun" sites to learn online:
Typing Test
Typing lessons for Dvorak and QWERTY
Free Speed Typing Online game. Ten thumbs typing tutor. Touch typing tutor - Free.
All The Touch Typing Tutors
Learn Typing for Free Online

Other than these, look into your local college for senior citizens courses for learning to type. Or check local library for books. Some larger libraries have books with CDs for learning.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 21 January 2008 - 10:18 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Do a Google search for Mavis Beacon, it's always been popular. I should probably take the course too since it's about 50/50 between errors and good letters when I type.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
I learned on a program called typing tutor. This was a very good program as I was 10 thumbs. Now, if I choose to, I can type quickly with a good degree of accuracy.