Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tracking cookies....

• Please log in to reply

djames27

djames27

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Ok, I know there is a tracking cookie or a setting listed with my zip code, however, I keep getting ad for "hot singles in Manchester" or "Meet hot women in Manchester" as random times while typically on another website.

Can someone assist me with routing-out the origin of this marker - I have and do remove all evidence of sites visited & dump cookies after each session etc.

This is quite bothersome. I recently went to Fire Fox and have Explorer loaded, however, I never use it.

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
This likely has nothing to do with a tracking cookie. A website can ascertain your location based on the IP address that you are connecting from.