Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Update Error

• Please log in to reply

twstdskll

twstdskll

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Greetings everyone! I am new to the site, but I see a lot of helpful and knowledgeable folks here and am hoping to get some help. I have been using Vista since March '07, and must say that I like it. Was bragging about how I haven't had a single problem when: BAM! I noticed that the OS would not update. The PC is still running flawlessly, but this issue gnaws at me. It does not update on its own, and if I try to manually update, I get error code 80070002. I have been to the MS website and ran through all the steps they list with no success. A fairly intense search of the web has also run me in circles. One oddity that I have noticed, which noone else has posted, is under services.msc, automatic update properties, I find this in the description: 允许下载并安装 Windows 更新。如果此服务被禁用,计算机将不能使用 Windows Update 网站的自动更新功能。. I will be happy to provide information I may have missed. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Have you considered that you may have malware?
One sign of an infection is that the Microsoft updates do not work right.
Please go to the malware forum to learn about possible signs of infection and how to fix them.
That is not to say malware is definitely the problem, just a possibility.
Thank you.

twstdskll

twstdskll

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK...I will check there. I considered the possibility. I am running spybot s&d, adaware, avg, and spywareblaster. I also ran Dr. Web and everything has come up empty as of yet. I am certainly not ruling out malware. When you don't know, you can't really rule anything out.

Checked the malware section...unfortunately, all I could find was solutions to known malware issues. I have not detected anything on my system as of yet. All the programs I have used have not picked up anything. My next alternative is reinstalling the OS, but I am really curious as to what the problem is. As much of a pain in the butt a clean install would be, I think it is the easy way out. Please help me determine the problem. Thank you in advance.

Edited by twstdskll, 22 January 2008 - 05:58 AM.