Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN messenger

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Lipredator

Lipredator

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi

I have a question. 5 minutes ago I was using MSN messenger and I received a message from one of my cousins. She told me she had a problem: she was chatting with his boyfriend and suddenly "someone else" was writing stuff. It appears that this person was messing with my cousin's messenger and he/she was sending messages that my cousin would not write to her boyfriend. The point is that I told her to clean her computer but I do not know if this could solve the problem. I have seen some kind of spyware that infect the msn messenger and, without the user knowing, starts sending a message: such as webpages or links that run malware or spyware; but this message is constant. So I do not know what to do when someone cracks your msn messager and starts writing stuff that you don't actually write.

I would really appreciate any help

Thank You

Advertisements

Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
What exactly did the stuff say?
Was it spam, was it a bot or could someone just generally see what they were writing and they started writing?

Lipredator

Lipredator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
someone was able to see what my cousin and her boyfriend were writing. Also, he/she was able to interact in the conversation. My cousin told me this person was repeating the same information she wrote and adding more.....I guess someone cracked her msn password, is it safe to tell her to change it or it would not do anything since the person would be able to know the password?

Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Id get her to change it. Get her to change it to something with numbers letters AND symbols. they;re harder to crack

Get her to reset her secret question too.
Following the same advice above

if the problem persists please let me know and ill see what I can do.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would strongly advise her to visit our malware forums and have her pc checked out by our trained malware staff.

Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
:) I should have reccomended you do that :)

*fail*

Lipredator

Lipredator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks for your advice

I do not know how familiar she is with malware and spyware. (seems like not much 'cause she was almost yelling at me...help me!!!!!!). I was thinking the same: she being in direct contact with you. The problem is that she is not an english speaker, her first language is spanish (same as me). Anyways, I tried to contact you 'cause I trust your site. You helped me several times to clean and fix my laptop.

Again, thanks for your help and support.....

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Hola, Lipredator :)

Aunque las instruciones siempre serán en inglés, cualquier pregunta se le puede aclarar. Solicitale a ésta descargue Hijackthis desde el siguiente enlace:

http://www.trendsecu.../HJTInstall.exe

Una vez instalado necesitaremos que corra el programa y fije el contenido del informe en este tópico o en su propio tópico para analisis. Si abre un nuevo tópico, has que me envie un mensaje para saber que ha fijado el informe.

Estamos a la mejor disposición.

Lipredator

Lipredator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Well seems that my cousin re-formatted her pc........

I really appreciate your help, and your concerning about language.

Thank you

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Anytime. :)