Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wont allow me to log into Admin profile

• Please log in to reply

mac345

mac345

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well my problem is that for some reason i cannot log into my profile which is the Administrator profile, i can logon to my dads profile fine and everything is working rite except for i cannot do things that require admin permission even when i type in my password. When i Type in My password it says "the user profile Service service failed the logon, user profile cannot be loaded" then i it logs me out. Also whenever i try to do anything that requires permission from Admin and i type my password in i get some error message saying the name is wroung or somthing so i cant even add or remove profiles. Plz someone help me!

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello mac345,

The administrator account is disabled by default in windows vista see http://support.micro...kb/555910/en-us on how to enable it.

That being said I do not recommend using the administrator account on a daily basis. The administrator account in vista is given higher perditions then a administer user. For example UAC is turned off. I would recommend creating another account with administrator permissions and using that account if you use this system on a day to day basis.