Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

My computer lags when trying to play a dvd

• Please log in to reply

Kyle H

Kyle H

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I think tonight was the first time I've ever tried to play a dvd with my computer, and I'm completely surprised, it seems like it can't handle it!

Specs (that are relevant)
Athlon 64 3000+
Radeon 9800 pro
2 gigs of ddr400
80gb ide133 hd
30gb ide133 hd
80gb SATA hd
xp pro SP2

It lags in VLC player and InterActual player... Is my computer really not fast enough? I have no spyware/viruses (according to adaware, spybot, and avg), and there aren't any funky processes running, so I don't know what the problem is. Is there a bottleneck in my system somewhere or do I need to change up some settings? Can I change up any settings that would help?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
So don't play DVDs then :)

Seriously though, this could be caused by missing graphics drivers. Go to ATI.com and grab the latest ones for your graphics card.