Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Musicians

• Please log in to reply

FPS Steve

FPS Steve

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Who of you are Musicians, What instrument do you play, What Genre of music do you play? I'd like to know, just so i can get to know those on this Forum.

I myself play 6 string Guitar (Acoustic and Electric), Banjo, Dobro, harmonica and drums. My styles are mainly Blues and Metal, Strange combo i know, but fun nonetheless.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Guitar (6 and 12 string...acoustic/electric), bass guitar (4 or 5 string), and drums (kit or conga). I prefer blues and rock 'n' roll, but play a little country, too.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
guitar (6 string) but not very well. A friend of mine plays bass guitar in a band and told me to keep my day job. :)
I listen to most music but prefere rock, R&B, blues

Edited by hfcg, 22 January 2008 - 08:46 AM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Six string acoustic and electric guitar, a little piano, like blues, rock and folk music. I like to sing, too. I'm trying to teach myself the mandolin, but an old wrist injury is slowing me down.
Johanna

Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I play 6 string guitar (electric and acousitc), bass and drums. My style of playing is post hardcore and metal.

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Guitar (electric,acoustic, etc) for as long as I can remember. Although thats not as long as Wannabe 1 :) Mostly rock, but do delve into some classical :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I guess my instruments don't count. :) :) I've played woodwind instruments for many years, since I was about 10 I think. I play clarinet, flute and saxophone. I love to play blues on the clarinet and sax!

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

I guess my instruments don't count. :) :) I've played woodwind instruments for many years, since I was about 10 I think. I play clarinet, flute and saxophone. I love to play blues on the clarinet and sax!

:) I think they do count, Kat. Only instrument I've ever played (and I might add I do so extremely well!) is the comb :) and jazz or blues are my chosen genres when I play.

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
My instrument of choice is bass (4 and 5 string). I can also play quite decent lead guitar (6 string, acoustic and electric), basic finger style stuff, basic hybrid picking. I can kind of play mandolin (I don't know the theory or anything, but I can play what i'm told to do :)). I can play some hella-basic keyboard/piano, but I don't think that's even worth a mention here.

I can play some decent-ish conga's and cajon? =p

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
I used to play a 6 string guitar, does it count? :) I am into Classic Rock and some blues, or the mix of these (e.g ZZTop).

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
ya know.. all we need is a vocalist, and we have a Geek Band. We have drummers and guitarists here. I can add in some sax. Bobbi Flekman is a genius on Keys.

Who wants to sing? :)

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I don't play any instruments, except for once in awhile I play around with a program called FL Studio, it is a program for making electronica music.

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
FPS Steve can sing :) He's actually the vocalist in my band :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
*Fredil Yupigo tried to sing once... the birds went crazy :)

Anyways, I played the snare drum in my school band (and I was HORRIBLE). I've played piano for eight years - classical only!

Kat, woodwinds DEFINITELY count; they are beautiful. Have you ever heard a professional flute player? Most incredible sound in the world :)

Edited by Fredil Yupigo, 23 January 2008 - 09:02 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
*sari wanted to be a professional flutist once upon a time.

I also taught myself bassoon and alto sax in high school, and play some piano.