Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Musicians

• Please log in to reply

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Clarinet was my primary instrument. Here's a little-known fact about me... during my Senior year of HS, I went through all of the auditions for the Air Force band... and was accepted. :) However, having my daughter kinda precluded that. :)

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
*wannabe1 once jammed with John Popper.......waaaay before he was famous.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:) You did? That's awesome!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
He was just a kid then...with a sack full of blues harps. Outrageously good with them even then.

Stinky Britches

Stinky Britches

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I played electric six string, rock and blues, but gave it up because I couldn't get past basic chords after 3-4 years of playing. Sad, huh? I have a nice toy box full of kids electric guitars (Kawasaki, etc.) that I terrorize the neighborhood with - some of them are very loud. I'm into circuit bending and I get toys/games off of eBay to play with.

FPS Steve

FPS Steve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

FPS Steve can sing :) He's actually the vocalist in my band :)

Not your band dude! Not My Band Either man!

Sharpies Band....xD

LOL1

Yeah, if you'd call it singing.

More like Melodic Talking.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

*sari wanted to be a professional flutist once upon a time.

I also taught myself bassoon and alto sax in high school, and play some piano.

I tried to learn to play the guitar in High School - However, my Manual Dexterity for this task was not the greatest - I could not make my fingers work the way I wanted to finger the right areas on the guitar neck - I was barely able to play some songs if someone gave me the schools Epiphone Electric - I love to listen to music, and I used to sing in chorus until 7th grade - since then, my mom says my voice is terrible, because it has changed, and I can't keep a tune, but what does she know :)

Brian

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
You should hear me singing now - with a sore throat and the flu!

I also play violin at a monkey level, though I might advance to complete n00b if I try hard enough.

Doobieus

Doobieus

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I can play the Viola, Violin, Cello, Double standing bass, Drums (Kit), Piano, Guitar (Electric and Acoustic) and I can sing. My sound.... kinda folk/soft rock, which is funny considering I mainly listen to Old school punk/Industrial. Don't get me wrong I am eclectic but those two genres are my favorites.

The orchestra instruments I learned in school, my main was viola and I just picked up the rest as the years went by. I was first chair advanced in middle school. The piano I learned when I was about 6-7, and the guitar and drums came in high school. The singing.... I've been singing songs since I can remember.

I play my guitar and sing mostly now, I prefer Ovation guitar's. They sound awesome, and they are acoustic/electric, very versatile guitar.

I guess techie's are musicians as well, for the most part. :)

Can't geek it up all the time eh? lol. :)

Edited by Doobieus, 29 January 2008 - 09:28 PM.

snowtiger

snowtiger

• Pip
  • 9 posts
sweet that there are so many talented people on here....i started out playing clarinet, then sax.....added drums as a teenager....then after a serious wrist injury i took up bass......but cant play long enough to do gigs anymore so i got brave and grabbed a mic.........love singing and started hosting karaoke. I still miss being on stage with a band tho. Gave online colaboration a try and ended up getting a couple of really personal songs stolen.....meant a lot to me and now some other dudes are performng them, that really sucks. Hope to do some professional singing some day !!

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Here's a fairly old pic of my current guitars.

Posted Image

I'm planning on buying a 7 string when I have the money or possibly another 6 string if I see one for the right price on ebay.

I've been playing for about 2 years and 7 months now, here's a recording I did back when I had been playing for about two years.

http://media.putfile...crowley-solo-55

My vibrato was pretty bad back then, in fact, I really can't stand that clip any more.

I've improved greatly since that recording but I want to wait until I get my next guitar to start recording again.

Edited by reconman, 30 January 2008 - 12:44 AM.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
I play guitar, mainly acoustic. Dabble in blues but mostly play rock and country. Haven't been playing to long around 7 months or so ( OK so not long at all :) ) but I enjoy it and play all day when I get the chance. But wow so many talented people! great to see.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Not exactly the right topic for but...
AC\DC will be in vacouver to start recording their new album on March 1.
(This is from Cliff Williams)

Edited by hfcg, 02 February 2008 - 10:49 AM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I also play violin at a monkey level

:) Our Monkey plays the violin?? :)

xucphra

xucphra

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I play guitar; drums; clarinet; and I sing.