Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cant install Java or microsoft virtual machine on my computer

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
everytime i try to install this it starts to install then at the end says installation cant be completed and then it says installation completed. i tried to do any windows updates for it and i still get the same error message. i need it because my wife has her own business website and she needs it for a program to further upgrade her website. does anyone know what might be causing this?. any help would be appreciated and thanks.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This can be caused by leaving browser windows open while installing.
Please don't use Microsoft Virtual Machine, its hundreds of years out of date (not quite but its five years old with more security holes than swiss cheese) so use Sun Java instead.