Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How can i remove my user names from google seach

• Please log in to reply

yourfinallyfree

yourfinallyfree

• Pip
  • 6 posts
recently seached my user name in google and found 166 web sites (671 in yahoo) that listed it. the problem is that my user name is the same name as my email address. (which i have figured out was not the brightest thing i could have done due to all the spam i have been getting)
i was wondering if there is a way i can remove my user name/email name from their seach data base. i pretty sure i can go into a few of the sites and make them private. but almost all of them are old sites that i no longer use or have my old email address as a login and i deleted that email address a long time ago so it would make it difficult to go into those site to make them private. if some one could help me i would greatly appreciate it. thanky thanky.

Edited by yourfinallyfree, 22 January 2008 - 02:43 PM.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello yourfinallyfree,

To answer your question, in a word: impossible. Basically, whatever you post on the internet will be there indefinitely/forever. You probably won't have much luck getting your user names and email addresses removed from search engines. Most of the time the only reasons pages are removed from search providers' indexes are for legal issues or general security (unless you are in a country that implements web filtering).

My advice to you would be to change your email address. It may not be as easy as you wish, but it should resolve your SPAM issues. You'd have much better luck with this than trying to get your current usernames and email addresses removed from search engines. You can keep using the same usernames as that's more trivial than not, unless they are self-identifying.

Regards,

Ax

yourfinallyfree

yourfinallyfree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yeah thats what i figured but i guess it never hurts to ask. thanks for the info anyways.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) No problem, glad I could help.