Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ps3 help

• Please log in to reply

gamegirl505

gamegirl505

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey ummm...soo yeah im a girl and i dont know how to use the ps3 really good

so i need some help

how do you use ps2 games on ps3? [ do you need some device or something ]

and if you have some other little tips or something cool , plz tell me

thanks!!!!

-gamegirl505 rainbow_054.jpg

Edited by gamegirl505, 22 January 2008 - 02:49 PM.

Advertisements

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Ok, you dont need any software or anything to work PS2 games in a PS3 :) ... you just need to put it in the drive like a PS3 game and click on the icon if it dont auto load ... but some PS2 and PS1 games dont work on the PS3 YET ... so to check if the game you want to play is working on the PS3 go to http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/ and this will give you lists of the games that work on it :)

Hope this helps :)

Phillios

Phillios

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
It also depends on the model you have. I'm not exactly sure what's available in the USA at the moment but I think it's the 40GB and the 80GB. only the 80GB can play some PS2 Games. The 40GB cannot at all but will play most PS1 games.

al-monster

al-monster

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi. im sorry,but you cannot play ps2 games on just any ps3. im not sure what ps3s will play ps2 games. i will get back to you on that.besides that, just tell me what else you need help on. i would recomend a headset to to talk to your friends (unless you dont have friends), and need for speed hot pursuit e3 online...

Edited by al-monster, 12 January 2011 - 06:20 PM.

NayNay1991x

NayNay1991x

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Only the 60GB Classic with the Chrome going across the case Can play PS2 Games Infact ALL