- My main Admin account no longer had it's password (the account I used before shutting down last night)
- My background changed to black
- All my items (except my reclycling bin) was no longer on my desktop
- Opera has basicly had its cache deleted to where it's like I just recently installed it
- I can't make any new folders on my desktop
- I can't use iTunes [EDIT: I went into my program files and did run as admin, now it works (never had to run as admin before)]
- I can't put anything from a folder onto the desktop
- EDIT: Can't use pdf files.
The wierdest thing about this is that I have multiple accounts on this computer but only the account I was using last night was effected. The only thing I can think of what happened is I downloaded a program from a not-so-secure source, thinking it was safe from what I could see (30 people seeded it). But when I clicked on the installer nothing happened, the first thing I thought was that I had just installed a virus of some sort, so I downloaded a 30 day anti virus program recomended in the Windows Vista Security Center, I did a scan and it said their wasn't anything found. But now today it seems something has gone wrong. Right now I am doing another scan with a different program and it jsut finished with once again, nothing found. Does anyone know a solution to my problem. I am fine with the desktop being clear, and I can live without iTunes, but I want to be able to add stuff back to my desktop.
I will be updating this with any new problems I come upon.
Edited by Grendos, 22 January 2008 - 04:54 PM.