Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Text won't show

• Please log in to reply

kimicatt

kimicatt

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, my name is Kimi and I need some help fixing my mom's laptop. She has a Model: Gateway 6010GZ Notebook
Serial #: T365421001412, is running Windows XP Home and her text is not working when she types. There is a blinking cursor, but when you hit the keys nothing shows up, no matter where she tries to type.

Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Sincerely, Kimi
:)

Edited by kimicatt, 22 January 2008 - 07:41 PM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Have you tried to connect a USB keyboard to the laptop?
This will allow us to be able to use a key board while we fix the problem.
I would like for you to;
  • click on the start button.
  • select control panel.
  • open system
  • select hardware.
  • select device manager
  • and look for any yellow exclamation points or question marks please.
Please post back and let me know what you find.
Thank you.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I know this may not sound right, but by any chance does she have the text color set to the background color? You didn't mention whether the cursor is following the typing as normal, but you just can't see it.

Ron

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

I know this may not sound right, but by any chance does she have the text color set to the background color? You didn't mention whether the cursor is following the typing as normal, but you just can't see it.

This happened to me in Word, so it is very possible.

kimicatt

kimicatt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your replies. I am now home but I will bring her laptop home with me in the morning tomorrow and I will write you all back. I would really love to fix this for her, because she might just give it to me! Thank you so much for your fast replies and I will right back as soon as I have it in the morning.

Edited by kimicatt, 22 January 2008 - 09:05 PM.

kimicatt

kimicatt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I was able to fix the problem on my own. She had somehow changed the 'stickykey" function. Thank you so much for all your help though it really does mean alot to me.

Kimi

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been resolved, and posting the fix so that others may benifit.

kimicatt

kimicatt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Certainly :) its so nice to know that you all are here just in case I need help again. Thank you for all that you do and have a wonderful day!

Kimi