Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 Fatal Error. SysFader; iexplore.exe- application error

• Please log in to reply

DennConn

DennConn

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
IE works fine on most web sites, however on others that I know are valid and used to work fine i get the following fatal error.

Sysfader: iexplore.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x03b7fdb3" Reverenced memory at "0xoooooo44" , The mrmory could not be "Read".
Click ok to terminate the program
Click Cancel to debug the program

When i click either one the window freezes and closes immediately. I have to reopen ie and start over. This also happens often when i am on a web site and click on a form or other link in the opened site.

This happens on some key web sites i need to access.

I have made sure i uploaded all recent changes to ie7, and have tried to restore ie7 to default status and start over.

neither works.

I would appreciate suggestions. Should i try to download and install a new version of ie? Should I reload XP, I have all the latest releases of XP Pro there is.

Help !!!!!

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello DennConn,

See if the advice in the following thread will help:
SysFade - Geeks to Go!

Regards,

Ax

DennConn

DennConn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Ax,
Thanks for the suggestion,

I actually re-installed the Nivida drivers for my video card on several occassions. IN fact that is another problem i currently have. Every time i start /boot the computer i lose the drivers for some reason, and instead of a two monitor desktop i get the same desktop on each monitor, and the resolution is reduced. an indication that only one side of the video card is working. I then use the cd from Dell and reload the drivers to nividia and turn the computer off and then reboot again and after a few cold starts i get my two monitor video display back again. I am not sure this is the same problem, but i am now thinking of replacing the complete Video card.

I left my computer on all day today so i am ok till i shut it down and try to start up in the morning, then same problem. I have gotten so i leave the driver cd out and handy to get the system up and running

Still in trouble.

Denny

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
The issues may or may not be related. You could try going back to a single monitor setup to test that out, or as you said replace your card. You may also want to get the most updated drivers from NVidia's website. I don't know how old the drivers from Dell are, but there may be issues with them that have been resolved in more recent driver versions.

You could also try going to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) and see if that works any better.

Regards,

Ax

DennConn

DennConn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
AX238,
I Tried your No Add On's suggestion to fixing the Sysfader Fatal Error on IE7, and It worked !!!!!....
There were Three basic sites I was trying to get to for over two weeks, and No Joy.....Once i clicked on the "No Add On's" in System Tools and opened the Explorer i was able to get to each page successifully.

Thank you for that great suggestion, It saved me from going through a re-install or possibly reinstalling XP Pro.

I am not sure if i fixed the Video Card Problem, as this morning when i started the system, I got my usual Two windows and they seemed to be functioning fine. Time will tell with this fickle machine. However, i have been pricing new Video Cards. I did Crack the case and use canned air to blow the dust out of the inside and off the video card. I think I got the Sahara Desert in there.

Thanks again for the help on my IE7.....Hoping it doesn't come back.

Denny

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hey Denny,

Well I'm glad it works better for you. This is usually a tell-tale sign that there is an add-on that is having issues. I would suggest narrowing down exactly which add-on is causing the issues. You can go to Tools | Manage Add-ons | Enable or Disable Add-ons and disable them one by one until the bad add-on is isolated. That way you aren't completely without add-ons. This is to say, if the desert sand wasn't the problem :)

Regards,

Ax

Babu Lama

Babu Lama

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Friend I had the same Error I searched Google And Microsoft Site I didn't get solution .Finaly I found solution myself . I would like To share it with you .

Tools->Internet options ->Advanced ->Click " Restore Advanced Setting ", "Reset " and retart IE and choose default web browser IE t will work .
Please Reply me if it worked for you .

IE works fine on most web sites, however on others that I know are valid and used to work fine i get the following fatal error.

Sysfader: iexplore.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x03b7fdb3" Reverenced memory at "0xoooooo44" , The mrmory could not be "Read".
Click ok to terminate the program
Click Cancel to debug the program

When i click either one the window freezes and closes immediately. I have to reopen ie and start over. This also happens often when i am on a web site and click on a form or other link in the opened site.

This happens on some key web sites i need to access.

I have made sure i uploaded all recent changes to ie7, and have tried to restore ie7 to default status and start over.

neither works.

I would appreciate suggestions. Should i try to download and install a new version of ie? Should I reload XP, I have all the latest releases of XP Pro there is.

Help !!!!!

Adam B

Adam B

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the Directions to Look for. The Restore & Resetting IE7 did not fix my issue

My Issue was (I suspect) a corrupt Flash6.ocx addon

went to www.adobe.com and downloaded the new Flash Player (Flash9)

and the Browser is all Happy again. :)