Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hissing sound on new speaker

• Please log in to reply

shivesh

shivesh

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I have just got a new 2.1 philips speakers. When i fix this speaker to my desktop pc and listen to song I can hear some hissing sound. Then i tried fixing the speaker to my laptob, using same song, but the hissing sound was now there. Please help me to troubleshoot the hissing dound on my desktop pc.

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
is the hissing there when you arent playing any sound? how about if you don not connect the speakers to a computer? if so, its the speakers generating the hiss. some PC speakers do that, it sux.
if not, then the hissing is in the song file. try another song, see if its there.

shivesh

shivesh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well the noice is more of cracking.Tried out the same sony both on laptop and desktop. Speaker connected to desktop has got cracking sound, but when tried with laptop the sound is fine without cracking.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
cracking, as you describe, sounds like its distortion to me. try turning down the volume on the desktop in software (the main out volume). if that clears up the sound, then just turn up the speakers. it would be unusual, but the signal coming out of the PC could be overdriving the speakers.
does this happen from all kinds of music, just stuff with lots of bass, etc?