Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Command Promp

• Please log in to reply

Ste

Ste

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Just a quick one here, one I haven't been troubled by before so I'm puzzled. When I click on an icon for a partition including 'C' drive the command promt window appears whereas I do of course expect to see the folders on the drive. This has happened twice in the last few weeks, the first time I used 'system restore' but now I would like to know what the cause is as I don't want to have to right click the drive icon to access the menu each time and then click 'open'. The menu on the right click has 'Open command window here' at the top in bold, I have noticed on another system that it is not there.
I have also noticed that a picture folder on 'C' drive has added it's contents to my desktop picture options without my permission. Don't know if that is connected but if you can help it's much appreciated.
Steve. :)

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try the fix here:Restore Right Click Properties

Scroll down to #203, right side.

Ste

Ste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hello and thanks for the reply. I have just tried the fix but it hasn't done the trick. Thanks anyway.
Steve

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Perhaps you could undo what is described here to add a Open Command Prompt Window