Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2 directX unrecoverable error

• Please log in to reply

repz

repz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi people, basically i had enough of my nvidia geforce 6200 turbocache dew to the low quality of the fps it was giving me. I thought that all i would have to do is buy a new graphics card, one the preferably fitted my motherboard so it worked :) So after a bit of searching around and a £100 budget i descided to buy a Sapphire Ati x1950 pro 512mb, it suited me perfectly. It arrived today, after fidderling around inside to find exactly where the graphics card went, mainly as it was the first time i was replacing one. but anyway i knew the basics or replacing one and uninstalled the nvidia drivers from my old card turned the pc off then pluged the new x1950 card in turned the pc on, i was like wow that card is bloody loud lol, carried on installing the disk provided with the card, i had an error with the disk how ever after 5 minutes of the computer finding the hardware and using the disk it worked, i knew that from previous experiences i needed to update to the latest drivers from there website as the ones on the disk were not new. i installed the catalyst new drivers, and display drivers. Then tried to play the game again how ever recieved the message directx uncorrectable error i was like waaaaa? :) because before i had call of duty2 workin fine just my fps was at a rate that was makin the game stressful to play. So i thought maybe from uninstalling the other graphics card i lost my direct x9 files etc. So i then searched and downloaded the uptodate directX drivers, still the same message i thought wow finaly upgrade my graphics card and it dont work gr8 :) anybody experienced the same problem please please help me like a big gamer on cod2 need to get back playing :)

thanks repz

Edited by repz, 23 January 2008 - 02:11 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you resolved your issue?

I would recommend that you uninstall the video drivers, reboot, and reinstall them again.

Also you can go to Start, Run and enter DXDIAG. It will take a min or so to generate a report.