Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dodgy windows stuff happens.

• Please log in to reply

Marc Parchow Figueiredo

Marc Parchow Figueiredo

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello,

About My System:
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Bios: ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0703
Memory: 2Gb RAM
Hard Disk: 2 SATA 250Gb using Raid1 + 1 IDE 3GB (for my Pagefile) + 1 SATA 250Gb eventually for Linux on dual-boot
Windows XP Professional SP2: 5.1 (Build 2600)
Firefox Browser but IE still installed.

Rorschach112 from Malware Removal send me here and said it's no Malware problem.

Well, what is my problem:

My computer takes ages to start and to shut down. Everytime he starts up a folder window opens. Ever since the time I had some trouble installing the latest videocard drivers. (The computer crashed)

My Internet connection works fine all up to the point I run Bitcomet. Everytime that blasted program starts, my internet connection goes haywire and nothing works. Bitcomet doesn't work, outlook doesn´t work and any browser (IE or Firefox) works very badly - It loads a page, or part of a page and stops - I have to reload for it to load another littel bit of the page. I mean the connection is there, but it doesn´t "move".

I also have another question.
I have two SATA disks working in RAID1, one 3GB IDE Disk for the Pagefile and another RAID Disk installed for Linux. I've already installed Dabian Linux on the disk but without the bootloader because Grub didn't recognize windows on the RAID 1 - so I have no idea of how to configure the Dual Boot and I nees your Help with that.

Please and Thank You,
Marc

Advertisements

Marc Parchow Figueiredo

Marc Parchow Figueiredo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hy Guys, Can I Bumb up my topic, cause I realy need some help here. If not - well sorry, too late, let's bygons be bygons, eh?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hello Marc, sorry you're post was missed.

Since Bitcomet seems to trigger this, and it's a P2P program, you'll not get any help from her. The TOU is quite specific about this:

We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

Uninstall Bitcomet and see what happens. If you still have problems then we'll be glad to work with you.

Marc Parchow Figueiredo

Marc Parchow Figueiredo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks,

So I did what you said, and uninstalled Bitcomet (It never worked anyway) and still my computer takes some 5 minutes to shutdown. what should I do?

Yours, Marc

Edited by Marc Parchow Figueiredo, 29 January 2008 - 02:07 AM.

Marc Parchow Figueiredo

Marc Parchow Figueiredo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hy, Staffdudes,

I uninstalled Bitcomet and still my computer takes 6 minutes to shut down. Can you please help?

Cheers!

Marc